During this COVID-19 pandemic, we are committed to keeping our patients and team safe and healthy. We want to share our plan to maintain minimum person-to-person contact for your appointment. Please carefully read the steps below and follow our direction when you arrive. Our team will all be wearing masks and we ask that you bring one with you to wear during your visit. For everyone’s safety, we are requiring staff and patients to wear masks. If you do not bring your own mask, we will provide one for you.
- When you have arrived in our parking lot, call us at (916)797-6747 to let us know you are here for your appointment and give us a general description of your automobile. Someone from our team will get you checked in from the safety of your vehicle: You will be asked general health questions to rule out the presence of COVID-19 signs and symptoms, and we will collect your insurance cards at that time. You may be asked to reschedule your appointment if you fail any of the questions.
- If you do not have a mask, one will be given to you at that time.
- Next, a technician will retrieve you from your automobile to bring you inside to start your pre-tests and exam. Upon entering the office, you will be asked to sanitize your hands and your temperature will be taken. If you have a temperature above 100 degrees on 3 consecutive measurements, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment.
- The tech will then escort you directly to either a sanitized testing room or a sanitized exam room, whichever is applicable for your appointment. Once inside the exam room, the technicians will collect any copays and go over health histories. Any necessary paperwork will be given to you to complete once you are in a room.
- Rest assured that every surface that you come into contact with has been sanitized prior to the arrival of each and every patient entering our practice, and it will be cleaned again as you exit each area. The team will be frequently washing their hands between interactions as per our usual protocol.
- If you would like to purchase glasses, an optician will escort you to the optical gallery at that time. There is a similar protocol in place to ensure a safe interaction with cleaning of frames and minimal contact with our optical team.
- Please note that if you are a new contact lens patient and have not worn lenses in the past, all trainings are being scheduled after May.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call us.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation,
Your Granite Pointe Eye Care Team