During this COVID-19 pandemic, we are committed to keeping our patients and team safe and healthy. We want to share our plan to maintain minimum person-to-person contact for your appointment. Our team will all be wearing masks and we ask that you bring one with you to wear during your visit. If you do not bring your own mask, we will provide one for you. If you do not have a mask, one will be given to you at that time.
- Our doors are now open but we request only patients with appointments enter the office. We request that the patient be accompanied by one parent/guardian or person involved with the patient’s health care. If you would like to make an appointment in person, please enter and talk with the front office coordinators.
- Please try and social distance a minimum of 6 feet while you are waiting to be helped.
- You will be asked to complete a COVID-19 screening and have your temperature checked upon entering our office. If you have a temperature above 100 degrees on 3 consecutive measurements, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment.
- Rest assured that every surface that you come in contact with has been sanitized prior to the arrival of each and every patient entering our practice, and it will be cleaned again as you exit each area. The team will be frequently washing their hands between interactions as per our usual protocol.
- If you would like to purchase glasses, an optician will escort you to the optical gallery at that time. There is a similar protocol in place to ensure a safe interaction with cleaning of frames and minimal contact with our optical team.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call us.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation,
Your Granite Pointe Eye Care Team